In Germany's largest theme park, visitors can experience all of Europe in one day. Whether Scandinavia, Spain or Switzerland - at Europa-Park there are 15 themed areas just waiting to be discovered. On the journey through the European countries, guests of all ages can look forward to authentic gastronomy and many culinary highlights. A similarly diverse cuisine awaits the guests of the themed water world Rulantica, where it’s possible to not only enjoy yourself, but also let off some steam and relax.
In all 15 European themed areas, visitors are treated to specialties from a wide variety of countries amidst the authentic architecture. In Italy, it smells like oven-fresh pizza and in Scandinavia the Fjord Restaurant invites you to an enjoyable restaurant visit. In addition to Scandinavian specialties and fish dishes, there are also delicious desserts such as red fruit jelly on the menu. On the restaurant's outdoor terrace, visitors can not only enjoy their food, but also the view of the passing boats of the Fjord Rafting.
In summer, the shady terrace of the historic Balthasar Castle in the German themed area invites you to linger and enjoy a view of the park as regional specialties from the Baden region and neighbouring Alsace region are served. In the grassy green oasis of Ireland - Children's World, the youngest visitors can have a water fight on ‘Paul's Playboat’ or let off steam in the children's playground, ‘Little Lamb's Land’, while parents relax outside ‘The O'Mackay's Café and Pub’ with an iced coffee or a cool Guinness.
During the cold season, Europa-Park is transformed into an enchanting winter wonderland. The atmospheric Christmas village in the historic Balthasar Castle Park entices visitors with culinary delicacies from the region and from all over Europe. The Swiss themed area, with its hearty raclette and tasty Valaisan wines, is also very popular during the winter opening.
The themed water world also delights visitors with a wide variety of food options. The 32,600m² indoor area and the 11,000m² outdoor area transport you to the wild landscapes of Scandinavia. At the outdoor food court 'Strand Kök', guests can enjoy various delicacies with a view of the outdoor slide world 'Svalgurok'.
There are fresh fish rolls and salads as well as various specialty coffees, fresh waffles and swirl ice cream to eat. In 'Lumåfals' the self-service restaurant 'Lumålunda' awaits between bubbling water walls and impressive stalactites, where fresh pizza, pasta and salads are prepared. From the 'Skål Bar' in 'Rangnakor', however, visitors can let their gaze over Rulantica. High up, it offers a great selection of cold and warm drinks, as well as hearty burgers, French fries, chicken crossies, currywurst, alongside salads and sweet treats, all available at the foot of the city on stilts in the self-service restaurant 'Snekkjas', which also has a spacious outdoor terrace.
Surrounded by pine trees and rocks, relaxation can be found in the 'Skog Lagoon'. At the 'Skogbar' visitors can enjoy a cocktail in the midst of the green landscape and do not even have to leave the warm 32-degree water. There are also delicious refreshments and fruity smoothies at the 'Tempel Krog' swim-up bar in the 'Frigg Tempel' outdoor pool. In winter, 'Tempel Krog' is transformed into an indoor bar so that visitors can relax and enjoy cocktails even during the cold season.
Whether before or after a visit to the water world – coffee specialties await guests in the 'Kelpie Café' in the lobby. In addition, the 'panoraama - the Rulantica Bar' offers a unique view over the impressive Rulantica water world and a Nordic-stylish ambience, bowls with colourful salads, avocado, cucumber, mango, ginger and soybean sprouts on airy basmati rice as well as homemade lemonades.
In addition, 15 other lovingly-designed restaurants as well as nine hotel bars and cafés are available to guests in the Europa-Park hotels. On a warm summer evening, we recommend a visit to the typical Italian pizzeria 'La Romantica' in the 4* superior hotel 'Colosseo', which offers space both inside and outside on the imposing piazza. Next door in the Portuguese 4* superior hotel 'Santa Isabel', visitors can also enjoy light Mediterranean cuisine in the Mediterranean restaurant 'Sala Santa Isabel' with juicy grilled steaks, fish and colourful vegetables. The varied gastronomic offer is expanded even further by the first-class front-cooking buffet restaurant 'Harborside' and the service restaurant 'Captain's Finest' in the 4* superior hotel 'Bell Rock'. Guests can also spend an unforgettable evening here at 'Ammolite - The Lighthouse Restaurant'. A menu in the fine dining restaurant, which has been awarded two Michelin stars, is a true experience for the senses.
Scandinavian cuisine awaits guests in the 4* superior hotel ‘Krønasår’: The Bubba Svens restaurant, designed in the style of an old boathouse, offers a wide range of offers for the whole family. In a Nordic atmosphere, visitors can taste specialties from the high seas, such as deep-fried plaice fillet and fried fish. In the restaurant 'Tre Krønen' connoisseurs get their money's worth. There are upscale culinary creations to eat, such as a tuna variation, quail breast or beef rump. The 'Bar Erikssøn' extends over two floors and offers a really cosy interior. An extensive and authentic Nordic aquavit range is the basis for the extravagant long drink and cocktail creations.
In order to be able to offer visitors the highest level of culinary enjoyment, the Europa-Park chefs regularly develop new recipes in a separate test kitchen. Across the many restaurants, different dishes are always served. When selecting its suppliers, the Baden family company not only attaches particular importance to quality, but also to sustainability, preferably using and processing seasonal products from regional production. Loyalty and reliability are also important to Europa-Park, both with national and international trading partners. Good working conditions are also specifically supported.
- catering gastronomy business with the highest turnover in Germany at one location
- around 100 authentic restaurants, snack shops and cafés in the park and hotel catering
- over 1,400 employees in the park and hotel gastronomy
- separate event catering area, responsible for the culinary delights at events
Consumption quantities of Europa-Park (p.a.)
- 1.6 million hot drinks
- 657,000 hamburgers
- 378,000 pizza slices
- 354,000 sausages
- 272,000 crepes
- 266,000 hot dogs
- 207,000 fresh waffles
- 173,000 Wiener Schnitzel
- 150,000 donuts
- 65,000 fish rolls
- 47,000 portions of raclette
- 46,000 wraps
- ‘Ammolite - The Lighthouse Restaurant’, with the sommelier Marco Gerlach, is voted number 37 of the '50 Best Sommeliers' at the ROLLING PIN Awards in November. The restaurant, located in the lighthouse of the 4* superior hotel Bell Rock, with the 2-star chef Peter Hagen-Wiest continuing to be one of the top chefs in the gastronomic scene in Germany.
- 'Ammolite - The Lighthouse Restaurant' has been awarded two Michelin stars by the Michelin Guide for the seventh time in a row.
- Ammolite - The Lighthouse Restaurant' receives 18 Gault&Millau points for the first time.
- 2* chef Peter Hagen-Wiest from the 'Ammolite - The Lighthouse Restaurant' is, as part of the ROLLING Pin Awards, awarded one of the most important and highest awards in the country in the gastronomy and hotel industry, ranked 26th among the 100 best chefs in Germany.
- As part of the 'FIZZZ Awards 2020', the best gastronomy concepts in Germany are honoured in Düsseldorf in September. For his “enormous attention to detail, the endeavour to work at the highest level and always to create new dynamics” Thomas Mack is voted 'Successful Restaurateur of the Year' by the expert jury.
- 'Ammolite – The Lighthouse Restaurant' is named 'Restaurant of the Year' by 'Feinschmecker'.
Thomas, Michael and Ann-Kathrin Mack are selected by the Allgemeine Hotel- und Gastronomizeitung (AHGZ) awarded the industry Oscar 'Hotelier of the Year'.
- ‘Ammolite - The Lighthouse Restaurant' receives 17 Gault&Millau points for the third year in a row.
- For the third time in a row, the Parkscout Audience Award for the ‘Best Amusement Park Gastronomy’
- Fine-Dining Restaurant 'Ammolite - The Lighthouse Restaurant' receives 17 Gault&Millau points for the first time.
- Roland Mack is named 'Restaurateur of the Year 2017' by the Schlemmer Atlas of the publishing house Busche.
- Hamburg Foodservice Award for the hospitality and foodservice offer
- Second Michelin star and 16 Gault&Millau points for the 'Ammolite - The Lighthouse Restaurant'
- 59. Brillat Savarin Plaque
- First Michelin star and 16 Gault&Millau points for the ' Ammolite - The Lighthouse Restaurant'
- 'Foodloop' received the THEA Award in the gastronomy category
2005-10 + 2012
- DERTOUR 'Golden Pine' for offer, food & sleep, overall winner
More information at europapark.de, rulantica.de and europapark.de/hotels